Everybody needs a little sweetness in their life, especially this time of year. I absolutely love my friend Melissa Wood's Cinnamon Hazelnut Avocado Mousse because it looks and tastes super decadent, but is actually really healthy. Not only is this delicious mousse vegan, it is also packed with superfoods and my absolute favorite food - avocados!
For more delicious recipes and to check out Melissa's popular 'In the Flow' workout, melissawoodhealth.com
Cinnamon Hazelnut Avocado Mousse
INGREDIENTS: ALL ORGANIC
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk6 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp raw cacao (not cocoa) powder
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups raspberries
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees for 4 minutes and add rinsed and dried hazelnuts for 4 minute or until they start to turn light brown.
- While the hazelnuts are toasting add 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk to vitamix.
- Scoop out the avocados and add to blender with 2 ripe peeled bananas.
- Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla bean extract, and cinnamon all to the blender and blend for 40 seconds until smooth. Add more coconut milk if necessary.
- Take hazelnuts out of the toaster and rinse raspberries.
- Scoop out all the avocado mousse from the blender into a medium size bowl and top with hazelnuts down the center and raspberries on both sides.
- Optional sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and maple syrup over the top as a final touch.